Welcome to The Ginger Wig's City Christmas quiz. A bit of festive fun to test your knowledge or play with friends and family over Christmas.
1. Who did City play at home on Boxing Day last season?
2. Prior to last season, which year was the last time City played at home on Boxing day?
3. Which City player is named after the angel that visited Mary?
4. Who wore City’s number 25 prior to Fernandinho?
5. Which player scored the last goal for City prior to Christmas day 2021?
6. Manchester City Council sold their famous “Zippy” Father Christmas (for many years the decoration that would sit on the town hall). Which company bought it?
7. In what year was the 1st Christmas market held in Manchester?
8. Who would say 'Vrolijk Kerstfeest' to their fellow country men at Christmas?
9. From which country is former City striker Roque Santa Cruz from?
10. Which current City player was born in the country which started the tradition of putting up a Christmas tree?
11. Which famous Manchester park holds a Christmas Lightopia Festival?
12. Which former City keeper was born on Christmas Eve 1913 - Bert Trautmann, Frank Swift or David Seaman?
13. Which Metrolink tram stop is missing – Holt Town, Etihad Campus, Clayton Hall?
14. Who was the 1st player to wear the number 25 when squad numbers were introduced in the Premier League?
15. Our Beeble Christmas decoration features the Manchester bee (with blue santa hat). In which year did the bee appear on the Manchester coat of arms?
16. Which former City player appeared in the classic film on at Christmas “Escape to Victory” as Paul Wolchek?
17. City won the title last season, but what position were they in on Christmas day last year?
18. Jesus appeared on our most popular Christmas card, but in what decade was the first Christmas Card sent in the UK?
19. In the song 12 days of Christmas, what represents the number of top league title wins City have achieved?
20. City last played on Christmas Day in 1957 losing 2-1 to which team?
21. City played Newcastle on Boxing day in 1976, what was memorable about the game?
22. Our Fine Bone China baubles feature the City of Manchester Stadium, who did City play against in the first Boxing Day game to be held in the new stadium?
23. What was the name of the ground where 12,000 City fans in fancy dress and carrying inflatable bananas (and others) attended the Boxing Day game in 1988?
24. For your leftover Boxing day lunch is it a Turkey Barm or Turkey Muffin?
25. Which City Football Group team would the fans eat a KFC as their traditional meal for Christmas?
Share this quiz